6.25.2008

Set net fishing

Lauri writes:
"Doing our annual set net fishing on the beach has been slow, but good company.

First you get together and PULL the net in, then untangle the fish from the net!

Greg got the big one yesterday-- we do get a few kings each year.

The gulls get to do the cleaning up.

This morning at 6am we were the only families with nets out! Mt Redoubt is peeking in the background."

I'm pretty sure that at 6am I'm not going to be on the beach tugging on a net and untangling fish. I'm just saying. But count on me to show up if the grill gets lit. Heh heh.

1 comment:

Slayde said...

This is so cool. I imagine the nets are a good bit quicker and easier than Ben's method down here in Juneau, i.e. many, many hours of line fishing. I do have to say that the boats putting out nets like that can drive you a little crazy when you're line fishing on the beach - "come back here with my salmon," etc.