1.17.2008

Get 'er done

Greg is sitting on the joists that will hold the roof boards. You realize I'm just making this up as I go along. I got these pictures and a slight, brief description of what was going on, but not anything real in-depth. I suppose I could just show you the pictures and let you imagine what's going on. How about it? You up for that? Here we go:

Looks like the inside is getting done. It's so beautiful, isn't it? Really inviting. I can't wait to spend my first night in this guest house.


These two worked so hard. I have no idea how they do it, they just keep on keeping on. But Alaska's like that: you work hard to live there.

And when you wake up in the morning, get your coffee and go out on the porch. Make yourself comfortable in the rocker and this is what's waiting for you.

Wow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may be hard work, but so what? LOOK what you get from it!!! Walking into the guest cabin is a thrill, and running your hand over boards that were trees ( dying from spruce beetles) growing here for 100 years just feels right.
You have done a good job, cathy, telling the story, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Oh god, the spruce beetles. I remember year by year seeing the trees change and my stepdad telling me it would be okay, that new trees would take their place. So hard to watch, though. I wrote about them in Upstream, it was so horrible to see.

Anonymous said...

This is a bountiful, beautiful, bonafide tree house. What boarded splendor!